Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Shoe Show!

I can't believe that it is almost time to go again to the shoe show. We leave in a week. I have to be honest - I absolutely love going! I know that it is supposed to be work, but what girl would pass up an opportunity to shop all day and get to see what is going to be "hot" in 6 months. And for me, it is in one of my favorite cities...Vegas!

I am extra excited this year, Krista & I will be sending updates through Twitter (@12thstreetshoes), Facebook and our blog. It will feel like you are there. The shoe show is a whole little subculture. You go into booth or hotel suites and you get to check out what each manufacturer thinks will be hot next season. As a buyer, you help to steer what will be offered the next season. If buyers don't buy, the style is dropped (never made).

It is a lot of fun. Sure at the end of the day you are tired. You go to appointments on the hour, every hour from 8AM to 6PM. But your energy peps up when you get to see that magical, one-of-a-kind shoe that you have to buy for the store. I really can't wait!!!

If there are brands you would like us to carry, let us know - we love to look at new shoes! And don't forget to check back here for Shoe Show updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment