Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Closet Limitations for my Shoes

So yesterday, I was asked to be in a commercial promoting Fairhaven. We filmed it today. I was filmed coming off the train at the Fairhaven station and then going into the Chrysalis Hotel. I asked what I was supposed to wear and was told this - wear a skirt - no black, no red, no white, no tiny patterns, no bright colors and no plaid. So I spent an hour and a half in my closet debating what to wear.

As I went through every stitch of clothing that I owned, I realized that just about everything in my closet fit the list of "what not to wear". All my skirts are black or black with tiny patterns. Most of my tops are white or black. It made me realize that I need to revamp my closet!!! Of course, I was feeling "fat" too, so that made it even worse.

I ended up in a skirt that I haven't worn in a million years, for good reason. Good news, I did have on fabulous shoes! I went with my old stand by - the chocolate brown Cordani sandals, the Patty. I believe I have a picture of them way down below in the blog. I have decided that my closet overhaul needs to center around my shoes. There were so many shoes in my closet that I wanted to wear today but I had nothing to match them. It is so sad that such beautiful shoes just sit on a shelf. Maybe I should rent them out, so they get to go play every now and then!

I do wish someone would come into my closet, look through all my shoes and then tell me exactly what outfit would go with each pair of shoes. I truly love shoes, but I don't always do them justice. I would just love to look fashionably sassy every time I went out the door! Either that or please, next time you see me, just look at my feet : )

No comments:

Post a Comment