Tuesday, August 25, 2009

My First "Handbag"


As I was cleaning out my closet the other day, I came across the only "handbag" that I possessed when I bought the store six years ago. My "handbag" was actually an Eddie Bauer canvas wallet that I clipped to my belt loop. How is that for a fashion goddess - not only did I only carry a wallet but yes, I did loop it on my belt loop. Oh My!!! So tacky!

I have come a long way in the last six years. I can't tell you how many handbags I own. My favorite is a Seahawk metal purse that I bought from a vendor at a trade show. He said he didn't sell his samples, but when I told him the story of how in my wedding vows, I made my husband promise to take me to the Super Bowl if the Seahawks ever went, he agreed to sell it to me. This picture doesn't do it justice, but the purse has rhinstones all over it too. I get stopped at every Seahawk game we go to. This purse cost me $150 in cash - luckily, I had won that amount on a slot machine (I was in Vegas) and I handed all of it over for this bag. I love it!!!

I now love handbags! When Kelli & I went to the accessories market a few years ago, one of the showrooms was giving away free handbags to the first hundred people that came through. Poor Kelli, I made her get up at 6AM so we could get one of them. When I told her why we were getting up so early, she thought I was joking, but I just had to have it!

My closet is now full of bags in all sizes, shapes, and colors. Here are just a few of them. It is just like Christmas when a vendor pops into the store to show us bags. Big question, do I use them all??? Oh, I try! I think a handbag is such a fun way to spruce up an outfit. Which is why I have so many or at least that is what I tell myself!
Publish Post

No comments:

Post a Comment