Friday, May 28, 2010

Nubuk Revival

So, I have been in the shoe business now for 7 years and I am happy to say that we have finally stumbled upon a product that actually cleans nubuk! This product is supposed to clean suede too - and I am sure it does. I bought a little bottle of a product called Dyo cleaner in Chicago a few years back but I was never able to locate a manufacturer for it. It was a spot cleaner - that was absolutely amazing! I guess the Dyo company went out of business. Luckily for nubuk & suede lovers everywhere - LCI is producing the spot cleaner under their name. When I called my distributor, I found that LCI also makes a suede/nubuk foam cleaner. Yeah!

The cleaner is a foam product and a little goes a long way. I have some before and after pics below. These are my husband's Sperry Top-siders that he mowed the lawn in (more than once) The poor shoes have been abused. I applied the foam and brushed it in with a kids toothbrush. I let it dry and went back over a couple of spots again.Don't they look awesome! To finish them off, I sprayed them with Suede Renew - to brighten up the color. I can't believe how great they look!
The product is pretty inexpensive too. It was so easy and took no time at all to do, so the next time your husband wants to mow the lawn in his nice shoes, you will be prepared : )

No comments:

Post a Comment